DMTL, AVX's Top Design Distributor in the UK, explores AVX’s Multilayer Organic (MLO®) technology with a specific emphasis on Filters.
What is Multilayer Organic (MLO®) technology?
Multilayer Organic (MLO®) is a patented multilayer organic technology, incorporating very low loss organic materials that allow for high Q and high stability over frequency. With the ability to incorporate, fine line high density interconnect technology, low profile copper, high current handling & tight tolerance control. These characteristics are therefore extremely useful in the manufacture of Inductors, Capacitors, Crossovers, Diplexers, Couplers & Filters (Low-Pass, High-Pass & Band-Pass) for RF & Microwave applications.
MLO Technology Advantages Filters
- Multilayer structure allows high order filters in small packages
- Lower profile components
- Part to part and lot to lot repeatability
- High precision and tight tolerance
- No tuning required
- No performance variance with temperature changes
- Expansion matched to PCB (improved reliability over LTCC products)
- Passes ASTM E595 - Collected Volatile Condensable Materials requirements established by NASA and the European Space Agency (ESA)
- Power up to 15 W+
- Ability to mount discrete components on top of custom MLO devices to improve performance
- Mobile communications
- Satellite Applications
- Wireless LANs and Aps
- Vehicle Location Systems
- RF Power Amplifiers
- Low Noise Amplifiers
- Filter Networks
- Military and Commercial Radar
- Medical Imaging Electronics
- Optical Drivers
AVX’s technical support, in partnership with DMTL can offer the following
- Samples and evaluation boards are available for most filters (Higher frequency boards require probe measurement)
- Most parts have small inventory available for immediate sampling.
- Evaluation boards are available.
- S2P Files available upon request
- DXF files of evaluation boards are also available.