DMTL is expanding their Business Development activity and is looking for someone to join their Business Development team.
The main focus of the role will be to support UK design engineers across Aerospace, Industrial, Medical, Automotive, Military & Space markets with our range of Advanced Passive Component and Electromechanical solutions.
DMTL is a global supplier and you will work with customers and our manufacturers to secure UK developed business, including any subsequent overseas assembly/purchasing, by means of carefully demonstrating that DMTL is the right partner for their organisation. Our passion for service and support is often unrivalled.
We are therefore looking for that rare commodity: the next addition to our team will be both technically and commercially competent. A person who has the ability to listen and to gain a detailed understanding of customers’ needs, by open questioning, and who themselves is able to explain often complex subjects in a simple way.
We would welcome applications from individuals with a design or technical background – perhaps application, design engineering or product marketing, ideally with some experience with customer engagement and with an understanding of the UK Electronics Industry. Most importantly, if you have a passion for electronics, are enthusiastic, self-motivated, professional and have a desire to develop your career and operate outside of ‘the box’ with very much a technical hands-on approach and a hunger to close sales, we’d love to hear from you!
In return, for the right person, DMTL will offer a highly competitive salary, along with a rewarding uncapped commission + comprehensive benefits package.
- To develop new business within new and existing accounts
- To match manufacturers’ products / capabilities with customers’ requirements, while fully understanding the price point customers are willing to engage with for such a solution
- To manage the sales cycle to conclusion; defining customer requirements, specifying product, obtaining pricing to issue quotes, coordinating sample requests & follow up
- To be able to understand both simple / standard and complex / non-standard product enquiries
- To be able to gain the respect and admiration of customers and manufacturers alike
- To set sales budgets, completing all sales reports in a timely manner
- To uphold a high commercial & technical competence on products, including competitors’ products
- To ensure that DMTL’s franchise partners are represented professionally
- To keep 'ahead of the market’ by engaging with New Product development within DMTL franchises
- To monitor and report on significant new business opportunities / key projects (use of CRM)
- To be able to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Design or technical background in passive electronic components
- Commercial competence
- Understanding of the UK electronics industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Focused and goal oriented
- Full UK driving licence
To apply, please send CV to email@example.com